Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tony Romo Won't Need Surgery on Broken Left Clavicle

Filed under: ,

In a season fast becoming one to forget, the Dallas Cowboys got some good news Tuesday. Sort of.

The team announced quarterback Tony Romo won't need surgery to repair the broken left clavicle suffered in Monday night's 41-35 loss to the New York Giants, a defeat that dumped the Cowboys to 1-5 on the season and last place in the NFC East by 2 1/2 games.

Romo, who was injured after delivering a pass when hit and thrown to the ground by blitzing Giants linebacker Michael Boley, is expected to be out six to eight weeks, a timetable that -- given the club's worst start since going 1-15 in 1989 -- very likely could lead to a decision to shut down Romo for the rest of the season.

After leaving Monday's game, Romo attempted to return to the field, but was stopped by a Dallas trainer. Good thing, too.

"I tried lifting my shoulder and it hurt like heck," said Romo, who helped the Cowboys jump to a 10-0 lead that eventually swelled to 20-7 before the Giants took the game over. "But I was like, 'OK, it will just keep getting better. The adrenaline of the game will allow me to [play], it's my left shoulder, I don't need to use it too much. I will figure out a way what I can handle when I'm out there.' But that was before I knew it was broken."

Boley feared the worst after tackling the Dallas quarterback.


 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/10/26/tony-romo-wont-need-surgery-on-broken-left-clavicle/

Eva Green Eva Longoria Eva Mendes

No comments:

Post a Comment