Thursday, December 9, 2010

Tony Sparano, Dolphins Plan to Turn to 'Lombardi' for Football Perspective

Filed under: ,

DAVIE, Fla. -- Miami Dolphins coach Tony Sparano didn't mention his planned trip to take the team to see the Broadway play "Lombardi," in New York City during his Wednesday press conference because he doesn't like to make a big deal out of team trips and bonding experiences. But since the cat was let out of the bag by New York Giants owner John Mara, Sparano had no qualms about explaining why he thought this particular trip was a good idea.

"I just believe in the history of the game and several weeks ago when we played in Green Bay I got up early and I get to the stadium pretty early and started jogging around that field," he explained. "All of a sudden you start to smell the air a little different and then you start to feel a little different and it's kind of a neat feeling, and that to me is what this game is all about. It's like when I walk through this door every day here (at the team's training facility); just the history of the game here and all the things that go into that, I'm a big fan of it and I want my team to be a fan of it.

"I think at the end of this when you walk away from the game, whenever that might be, to take a piece of history with you it's something that's pretty special. And in this case with Coach Lombardi, I think that's something that everybody can learn a little bit from. You know I'm a big fan of his "What it takes to be Number One speech." I always have been and I shared it with the team today a little bit and I think that they enjoyed it."

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/12/09/tony-sparano-dolphins-plan-to-turn-to-lombardi-for-football-p/

Samantha Mathis Samantha Morton Samantha Mumba

No comments:

Post a Comment