Sunday, February 20, 2011

Michael Young: Situation With Rangers 'Less Than Ideal'

Filed under: ,

Michael YoungSURPRISE, Ariz. (AP) - Michael Young reported to spring training on time Saturday for the Texas Rangers, saying he was ready to play and try to make the best of "a situation that is less than ideal'' after the team was unable to fulfill his request for a trade.

Young, the longest-tenured Rangers player going into his 11th season, arrived at camp a day before the first full-squad workout for the AL champions.

"I have nothing to hide. I have nothing to be ashamed of. There's not a thing I would change. So I'm not uncomfortable,'' Young said. "If I had a horrible relationship with guys in that room or my manager, I would be uncomfortable, but I don't. I love my teammates. I love my manager.''

Two-time Gold Glove third baseman Adrian Beltre was signed this winter, supplanting Young at third base. The Rangers plan for Young to be their primary designated hitter and have him fill in at every infield position. It is the third time in eight springs Young's role with the team has changed.

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2011/02/20/michael-young-situation-with-rangers-less-than-ideal/

Sarah Gellman Sarah Michelle Gellar Sarah Mutch

No comments:

Post a Comment